JensD wrote:
> Fair enough ;-)
> Now I´ve started creating fingerprints on a Win box. Much faster, still
> slow, and never consumed more than 13% CPU. So I tried GenPUID, hoping I
> can have more processes in parallel ... but this guy want´s to phone
> home. When I execute

Code:
--------------------
  >   > genpuid.exe 57aae6071e74345f69143baa210bda87 -archive -nopuid -nosha
-print -r -threads 4 Z:\Audio\Music\ipod\801
--------------------

> I get this message

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> Anyone used that successfully?
>
> Cheers
> Jens

GenPUID can not be used anymore It will always try to reach the MusicDNS
servers for fingerprinting and that servers are no more and
MusicMagicMixer makes is own fingerprints. You can speed up the
analyzing process in MusicMagicMixer when you alter the settings under
"Preferences" "General" and then "Analysis priority:" "Normal",
"Processor use:" "Maximum", "Number of threads:" "Putt here the amount
of threads your processor has, for instance mine is a core i3 with
hyperthreading so my number of threads is 4".
Nevertheless it is and will be a painstaiking slow process, a album with
15 numbers on it will take between 15 and 20 minutes on my PC.