I can switch using the Windows Spotify application as well but it isn't
what I would generally use.

So you'd agree that the issue is only seen using the Spotify app on Android? I tried to bring my old tablet back to life earlier today. The Spotify app installed did work as expected (switching between Android app, Chromcast, Spotty, iPhone). Alas, I've yet to see the updated version. It took the poor device half an hour to download the update, but I've never got to see it running before I had to leave... what Spotify app version are you guys running?

--

Michael