Sorry to take so long to reply.  Yes, the BBC URLs open fine in a
browser. No, there's nothing particularly unusual in my setup, and the
last time I tried there was no problem. (That was a few months ago; I've
been using the iPlayer Radio app on an iPad to listen on demand.)

Trying again just now, still times out 'waiting for data' on R1, R2, R3,
R4, ...

I'm not blaming BBCiPlayer for this problem, just hunting around for a
solution.

Nitram

Allo Sparky, LMS 7.8.0 > Piano 2.1 + Kali, Max2Play > AudioEngine 5
Raspberry Pi > LMS 7.9.0
[Mac Mini > LMS 7.7.5: retired (okay, I broke it)]
Squeezebox Classic, resting
iPad mini > Squeezepad
Android phone > Squeezer
iPhone > iPeng