nitram wrote:
> Oh, I thought you were suggesting that the router might be blocking the
> URL.  I am running LMS in an Allo Sparky, with Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS and
> Max2Play. To be honest I don't know how to test the URL on it. I imagine
> I could run a browser from the command line, but since it's headless
> that's not straightforward.

The test is to etst whether the system which runs LMS can fetch the URL
without timeout.  If it can then the problem is within LMS, if it cannot
then theproblem is with your server and local network setup.

An alternative is to use a command line interface on server (e.g.
telnet, ssh) which runs the LMS and then use wget (saves to a file) or
curl (puts URL on output) e.g.
wget http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio2.xml
curl http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/radio2.xml