mrw wrote:
> I've run across a new issue with v1.6.1 HLS Listen Again streams. They
> "never end" !
>
> They run out of sound, but HLS.pm keeps trying to find more playlist to
> play.
>
> The attached proof of concept patch seems to deal with it. Use of
> -$#lines- in the playlist scanning loop seems to be the root of the
> problem. As it stands, the last line is never acted on, and this
> contains #EXT-X-ENDLIST in the few streams that I have examined.

I made a change from orginal HLS from "@lines" to use  "$#lines > 0"
because of a change in the HLS file format of BBC broke the previous
code - play wouldn't start.  It looks the fix wasn't good enough (I
thought I tested playing to end of program - at least on short ones such
as Tweet of the day). Shortly afterward  HLS Listen Again became 403 so
nobody tested seriously or perhaps another HLS format change with the
"403"