grimmace92 wrote:
> I tried the install you sent me and the same behavior.  There is one
> difference.  The sensors on the main page of home assistant are
> updating.  When actioning from the HA gui i get null but when doing it
> manually through putty as you describe in the trouble shooting section
> they update properly.  As I'm using !include_dir_merge_named scripts I
> created a scripts folder.  Inside is a scripts.yaml that is empty and
> the script_lms_controls.yaml file.  That is correct right?

Yes that should be correct if you have no additional scripts.  Did you
create the shell directory directly below /config and put your files
there and are they executable? Is this a docker install?  If yes, when
open a shell in the Docker container and go to the shell directory.  Can
you list the files using 'ls -las' and review the result and when you
type pwd what is the path?  Is this the same path as defined in
configuration.yaml for the shell files?

This really sounds like a permissions or path issue, because as
described, the shell scripts are not being launched.  I assume they are
defined in the configuration.yaml file.  If your install has created a
HA user, perhaps you could elevate those rights to see if you can get it
to run as that user?

One last suggestion did you try to run your shell script files through
the program dos2unix in case you have an improperly formatted file.

Ynot

*software* - logitech media server version: 7.9.1, home assistant
0.84.6, dialogflow - v.1 api, lms controls app - voice control of lms,
openmediavault 4.1.17 - storage
*add-ons* - spotty, upnp / dlna bridge, chromecast bridge,
*players* - sonos, upnp, pi3 - pi core player 3.5.0, android- sb player
v1.4.0, airplay to googlehome and minis
*hardware* - server - i7-3.4ghz, 4gb ram, 6tb storage, debian - 4.18