VM has full network access to the network it's using a dedicated lan
port on the nas and sees my Squeezebox endpoints which are on same
network as everything else. Windows was all downloaded and installed,
run  under the same user. Bubble UPnP can see endpoints as can other
software so they are active on my network. So I am bemused. If it won't
write XML due to discovery then I'll investigate my network and see if
something's blocking UPnP discovery but if this was the case I wouldnt
see the other endpoints or UPnP servers I am running elsewhere.

Naim Uniti Atom
Arcam AVR360
ClearAudio Concept with MC Concept
ClearAudio Nano V2