d6jg wrote:
> I think there might be some custom library plugin that might help you
> but if you want complete segregation but to also maintain all the
> features of LMS for both audio types then I’d be tempted to run 2
> instances of LMS accordingly and switch my player between the two
> depending on what I wanted to listen to.
> What are you running LMS on at present?

It's on a home server running Ubuntu 18.04, 4gb of ram and an old 1610T
processor. I suppose it could run 2 LMS instances. But I don't see
myself switching everytime tbh.

I tried renaming artist as writer, but the plugin really needs an album
and artist tag.

The solution I found was to put î º in front of artist and album names
to put them at the end. This plus excluding audiobooks from the shuffle
feature like you suggested.
Good enough!