Hi bpa,

I stopped the Squeezebox server (SBS) process, emptied the logs and
restarted, followed by a connection to the R4 feed via the BBC iPlayer
app.  Dropouts continue, but there is nothing relevant being recorded in
the SBS' error log.  There's a warning about a missing Spotify token,
but I don't think that is a concern.  I'd post a copy, but there really
isn't anything to see.

Are there any flags I can set anywhere that could temporarily turn up
the logging on the SBS?

My WAN supply is Virgin media broadband, which is supposed to be a swift
and wide pipe.  The LAN is the Virgin box providing wireless in some
part of the house, augmented by powerline extenders.  I know the
Raspberry Pi 3 that hosts SBS is directly attached to the wireless
router via Cat-5.  It's not always easy to tell, but I'm pretty sure the
Boom is on a wireless extended segment, as are two other Duet radios.
The Joggler is also wired directly onto the wireless router, a further
Duet is on a second wireless extender segment.

As far as the various slim protocols are concerned, is the network
assumed to be present and irrelevant (i.e. devices are expected to be
able to reach the SBS process, and it doesn't try any network management
tricks itself?

Yesterday, for a short period, Spotty/Spotify was playing up with
dropouts, but that seems to have stopped.  I'm listening to Spotify
right now, and its find.  If I swap back to Radio 4, I'm back in a world
of buffering.

Any ideas on turning up the wick on network monitoring, or other
investigations I can carry out?

Best regards,

Mike