(Question to Micheal - does the 4.flac correspond to icy-4?)

No. 1-4 were the different channels RP offered at some point. Today only "0" (main) and "4" (Mellow) are left.

The icy-4 must be the fourth of x servers used for load-balancing.

FLAC URL - http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac - this is actually
http://icy-4.radioparadise.com/flac - solid but no metadata (icy-4 is a
UK based relay for geographic balancing)

Exactly. These new flac streams and the "interactive" flac station we've had for a while technically have very little in common. While the former is an endless stream of audio data, the latter is a file based implementation where we'd play different files off of a regular web server.

AAC URL -
http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s13606&formats=aac,ogg,mp3,wma,wmvoice&partnerId=16&serial=496760efb20fd005d043c77d53e975cc
- solid + metadata

MP3 via plugin - http://icy-4.radioparadise.com/mp3-192 - solid,
metadata but no art !!

Bill changed the streaming infrastructure and currently is struggling getting the artwork back in to the metadata. But he's working on it. Worst case I should be able to use the same metadata support as for the new flac streams.

Overall I guess I'll have to work some more on the various stream support...

--

Michael