radiowonderland wrote:
> ...to give exact path for the squeezelite-osx binary (as you did for the
> old lame in PreferencePanes)?  My Spotlight isn't finding it...

Problem solved, thanks to Ralphy and Find Any File.

The following is posted as a courtesy to any who could use the info.

The replacement squeezelite binary--or binaries considering I put in
more than one--went here:

Code:
--------------------
    ~/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/LocalPlayer/Bin
--------------------

They are much bigger than the 2014 binaries which were installed by
local player and don't include MP3 codec support.

I had to change names to match what local player seems to expect.  And
there's a chance I bungled and mixed up the 64-bit with the 32-bit, but
here is how I changed the names to match:
-squeezelite-i386- became -squeezelite-osx-i386-
AND
-squeezelite-x86_64- became -squeezelite-osx-

Each about 2.5MB by the way.  A third binary, -squeezelite,-, 5MB I kept
-squeezelite-.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't need to put in ALL those files, but I don't
care.
I'm up and playing MP3s...and flac...and WAV, with Local Player on our
new/old Mac Pro with Sierra Server!

All hail open source and public forums like these!