Just tried and the Perl error is gone :) The result when running it with
no arguments is a plain 'Done.', not sure if I should expect anything
more verbose. Then I run with the IP:PORT for the LMS server running
Spotty. I then got no output, no 'Done.' I mean.

Hmm... try this one?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw79k0u17a821zd/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip?dl=0

You said you installed Perl. Would you be able to install missing modules (there should be the Perl Package Manager or similar in the Windows menu) and run the following file manually from the command line?:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/michaelherger/Spotty-Plugin/master/Bin/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/findSpotifyFolderFiles.pl

if it's complaining about a missing module (eg. File::Slurp, or File::Next), install it using PPM.

--

Michael