philchillbill wrote:
> My pleasure. You’ll get used to pacing it slightly better with time and
> then that annoyance will stop. The online docs give examples of many
> other ways to start a command. That can help too.

I was a beta tester with the developmental SqueezeBox Echo skill for
about a year so I have some idea of what you skill involves.    The Echo
recognition problem, I believe stems from my London English
pronunciation to a set of US Echo devices.  I have tried changing
voices, languages and have deleted my profile several times.  Fact:  I
just does not understand me when I articulate certain words.  I can live
with it.

*server     : * lms 7.9 on rpi3
*players  :* 2 x rpi 2b, hifiberry dac+ (whole-house, 2 x 300watts rms 8
ohm), + rpi 2b & hifiberry dac+ for subbass (500watts)
.............  3 x rpi picoreplayer. two with  behringer uca222 usb dac
.............  1 x logitech boom
.............  1 x logitech radio
*control  :* windows 10, android squeeze ctrl, 2 x dot, 2 x show
*main hifi:* 1959 rogers hg88mkiii valve/tube amplifier with
picoreplayer. transcriptors hydraulic reference turntable