Man in a van wrote:
> Decided to play today;  rpi 4b (4gb)
>
> Downloaded and burned the image, powered the pi on and opened the m2p
> web gui. Ignored the update available and went straight to install
> Squeezebox server.
>
> When the install completed I opened a Terminal:
>
> This was the result of uname -a

Code:
--------------------
  >   > Linux max2play 4.19.50-v7l+ #895 SMP Thu Jun 20 16:03:42 BST 2019
armv7l GNU/Linux
--------------------

> I then ran sudo apt update

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> and then sudo apt full-upgrade -y
>
> after the update I rebooted from the web gui.
>
> The pi did not come back up, I pulled the power and restarted , no
> result.
>
> I swapped sd card with a fresh image and this time applied the m2p
> update before installing Squeezebox server

Code:
--------------------
  >   > Changelog V.2.51 – 17.10.2019
  >
  > Jivelite Fullscreen toggle Bugfix
  > Raspberry Settings Plugin now with 64Bit Kernel switch (from 32 Bit Kernel)
in Max2Play Buster (newest Image)
  > Fix for Shairtunes2 Plugin in LMS to install SSL Libraries
  > Added „apt update“ in Update Script for Max2Play-Buster Image to get latest
package resources. Buster moved from „testing“ to „stable“. This resulted in
missing packages in some installers like Bluetooth.
  > Fixed Ampache Installer: choose correct PHP libraries and MySQL (now
MariaDB) in Max2Play Buster
  > Added WiFi Driver installer on WiFi/LAN page of web interface that
automatically installs the missing driver for your WiFi stick (based on script
from fars-robotics.net)

--------------------

> Uname -a was unchanged

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> So the 64 bit kernel must only be installed when a a dac is added to
> the pi ?
>
> This ia my Rasbian OS

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> I ran update again and the number of packages was again 218.
>
> Rebooted from the web gui and the pi did not boot (green led bwas
> blinking 4 times in a regular pattern).
>
> Checked over at the pi forum and found this
>
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437084#p437084
>

> I popped the faulty card into a pi Raspbian and could not see
> start.elf
>
> 28853
>
> so I would not bother running update for a while yet. It might run
> differently though, from the Raspberry Settings
> tab.:confused::rolleyes:
>
> ronnie
>
> Is this now part of the licence
>
> Raspberry Settings Plugin now with 64Bit Kernel switch (from 32 Bit
> Kernel) in Max2Play Buster (newest Image)
>
> When I made the image on the rpi2b earlier this week I had a dac hat
> installed on the pi and the Raspberry Settings plugin refused to load
> the dac. I had to manually install the overlay.I wonder if Max2Play are going
> to release a new image based on the
latest updated version of Buster including the new kernel. If they don't
any new installers are going to be completely screwed if they try to
update. I posted on the Max2Play forum as well but no response as yet.
Judging from previous responses they seem to think that a new download
image isn't necessary as any updates can be rolled out using their
update system.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk