john greenwood wrote:
> My config file says "<server>?</server>", which I assume means no.  I
> found this:
>
> " <server>[ip[:port] | ?]</server> default = ?
>
> ip = IP address or network name, port = port number (usually 3483) of
> your LMS server.
>
> Use ? for auto-discovery
>
> This can be overridden in the command line with the -s option."
>
> I assume this is to be entered in the "command line options" in
> settings, but what is the exact format? (I feel like I'm back in the age
> of DOS.:))
>
> One related issue is that I generally control the music server on my
> work computer.  My work computer sees the music server IP as
> 192.168.1.142.  My music server sees itself as 127.0.0.1, so I'm not
> sure what IP address to use.
>
> BTW, it's been working since yesterday, so I'm not going to do anything
> right now, but it would be helpful to know in advance if the problem
> returns.
>
> EDIT (Sorry about the first emoji - computer modification.  The second
> emoji is mine.)
The command line option would look like:
-s 192.168.1.142:3483

Whether you also need to specify a "network socket to use" I'm not sure,
but it may help, something like:

192.168.1.142:49153

LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.