bpa wrote:
> I think you are mixing up problems.
> The problem is sample rate not bit rate - 320k is bit rate not sample
> rate.
>
> What is the sample rate of spotty ?

You're right!  I'm running on too little sleep these days.

Haven't figured out what Spotty's sample rate is yet.  Still digging.

I notice that when I change the  */usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf *back to the
default: *defaults.pcm.dmix.rate 48000*, Squeezelite plays local files
that  are encoded at 44100 too fast.  So, I added the following to the
end of my *squeezelite_settings.sh* - *SL_ADDITIONAL_OPTIONS="-C 5,
-u"*

However, when I do that Spotify streamed songs then play terribly
distorted.  I'll post in the Spotty page to see if I can figure it out.