noexit wrote:
> Can I achieve application audio sharing without dmix (ala Pulse Audio,
> Jack, C-3PO, etc) and still use Squeezelite somehow?
>
> If not, how do I configure resampling in LMS? C-3PO?
> Thanks for your guidance!
> Edit:  I think that Spotty outputs at 44100 which may be why it's
> playing too fast when I do not use the -u setting in
> squeezelite_settings.sh.  When I do add the -u, then Spotty becomes
> terribly distorted sounding.

Pulseaudio will do proper mixing of different rate/sample size but I
think you'll need the Pulseaudio version of squeezelite.  Also if you do
not know Pulseaudio you'll need to read up  as otherwise your swapping
one problem for another.

No need for C3PO - LMS will do all the necessary resampling if it is
told the player can only handle specific bit rate.

You didn't answer my question - does spotty use a sample size size of
16bit or 24 bits - how does this compare to your files ?  Is this the
source of the dmix issue.
If you don't "know" your sources - you may not resolve the issue with
whatever system you try be it dmix, Pulseaudio or LMS resampling.