NikolajC wrote:
> Thanks Martin,
>
> I wonder if we can just postpone it and not update.
>
> Another question is whether it's possible to roll back in case something
> breaks?
>
> Anybody knows?

Perl is used by several packages in DSM, like Mailserver and LMS (and
probably more). Synology can decide to make package updates mandatory in
some cases. If this will be the case for Perl? I don't know! We'll see.
But in my opinion it would be a bad idea to stop updating DSM (and Perl)
because of this and not to look at alternatives (like a Rpi4).

Greetings, Martin

-DS718+, RPI 2 ('Spotifyd'
(https://github.com/Spotifyd/spotifyd)/'myMPD'
(https://jcorporation.github.io/myMPD/)),Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC
FB1i-s
-DS115 test server
-'Logitech Media Server 8.0.0 for Synology
'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111876-LmsUpdate-and-LmsRepack-Synology-8-0-*-packages)