erland wrote:
> objectForUrl will internally call Slim::Schema->_retrieveTrack only
> passing the url parameter at line 820:
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/e64c0e31caf4ebd7a77ce480db3395e35d33bd6e/Slim/Schema.pm#L820
>
> Since integrateRemote is not passed it will result in a call to
> Slim::Schema::RemoteTrack->fetch at line 2295:
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/e64c0e31caf4ebd7a77ce480db3395e35d33bd6e/Slim/Schema.pm#L2295
>
> RemoteTrack->fetch only seems to return items from its cache:
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/e64c0e31caf4ebd7a77ce480db3395e35d33bd6e/Slim/Schema/RemoteTrack.pm#L398
>
> Could it be that the track isn’t in the cache and it just returns undef?
>
> And in other places where objectForUrl is used the RemoteTrack might be
> in the cache or objectForUrl is passed a blessed object instead of an
> url string so the call exist before calling _retrieveTrack ?
> Or should objectForUrl pass an integrateRemote parameter when calling
> _retrieveTrack at line 820 ?
>
> As initially said, I’m only reading this via an iPad and have no
> possibility to actually run 8.1 myself at the moment so I might easily
> have lost myself when reading the code :-)

I'd say you're spot on! Which makes me wonder how this has not caused
any problems before?!?

Maybe we should do a first _retrieveTrack call with the integrateRemote
flag set from within objectForUrl when dealing with remote tracks. This
can potentially cause unnecessary calls, but only on remote URLs which
are not in the library. Which should hardly ever be mass calls. I'll
play with that. Thanks for looking into this despite the difficult
circumstances ;-)

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log
and/or scanner.log file!"
(LMS: Settings/Information)