d6jg wrote:
> One BIG problem for those of us with OCD in this area is that if we want
> to use Online Music Library integration all the work we put into tagging
> our libraries can be instantly shot to pieces by incorrect tags at
> Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer etc
Agreed - our compromises are different - equally valid I'm sure, but
different.

I don't stream much at all, except to test the water before buying and
downloading.  Your point is one of the reasons why I don't.  The
definition of 'correct' tags is very subjective ('wrong' to me may be
'right' to you).  Is it Sergei Rachmaninoff, or Sergey Rachmaninov, or
Sergueï Rachmaninov, or.....  is he a track artist as well as composer,
an album artist as well?   I want (need!) to be 'in control'.  A crazy
world. :)

I hope Michael can sort something out that suits you.  Be reassured that
I'm not too bothered about what appears on the menus with respect to
Album Artists.  I can find albums well enough using my own menus.  I do,
however, want to see what we have now on the queue and now playing.

LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touches & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with
Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.