Paul Webster wrote:
> There is an undocumented API ... but using it is tricky because it would
> require the use of WebSockets ... which is not supported by LMS.
> So I think it would mean writing some standalone stuff and then plugging
> it in somehow.
>
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107186-Help-Implementing-websockets-in-a-plugin&p=995299&viewfull=1#post995299

Hmm ; that's a shame.  Global claim to be the largest radio group in
Europe now with 25 million people listening in the UK each week, so, on
the very large assumption that all of the globalplayer stations use the
same approach, it would be a really nice addition, and now the HD
streaming thrown into the mix.

Did Michael comment further on the need for backward compatibility on
AnyEvent?  From that thread, it looked like he was saying it would need
backward compat., which makes perfect sense, vs. there was some kind of
known issue with 7.x vs. 5.x.  Was it more "we don't know if it works"
vs. "there's known problems".  If it's the former, is it worth a
conversation with Michael to see if upgrading AnyEvent is an option, as
that seems to have the widest benefit, vs. writing some kind of
standalone proxy.