Just stumbled upon SLX, to my shame I only found out about it yesterday.
Ran few quick sound tests and it sounds very promising. Thank you so
much for this.

There is only one problem, I cannot get Native DSD to work.
LMS is installed on a Synology DS214 NAS (armadaxp), latest version from
sourceforge.
My USB adapter is a Mutec MC3+ USB, ASIO drivers,  capable of both, DoP
and Native.

I can get it to work  with DSDPlay disabled and using -D :U32BE, but,
for example for DSD128, my ASIO driver panel reports 352,800hz sample
rate ASIO active (PCM mode). Therefore I believe it is actually DoP.
The same behavior I get with DSDplay plugin enabled (of course adjusting
relevant settings in advanced/file settings). DSDPlay under player tab
reports "This player supports native playback of DSD files. DSD-over-PCM
should be configured on the player configuration interface"

I don't know exactly how -D argument works and have no clue about what
:U32BE part does (i just googled to see what settings work for others
and copy pasted).