Redrum wrote:
> I hope you don't mind me asking this is the middle of this "which"
> thread. I do not use a streaming service and am wondering what I am
> missing. Honestly, I am looking for you to talk me into one :)
>
> I have sb devices all over the place. Alot of my days are spent with
> music playing. I listen to my music library, about 20 or so of my
> favorite radio stations, and podcasts from time to time. I find that the
> radio stations "introduce" me to new music and artists, and "remind" me
> of music that I knew of, haven't heard in a while, etc. I listen to my
> library when I "feel like" listening to a particular artist or album. I
> use the youtube plugin to "look up" an artist a friend might mention.
>
> I do have nice audio equipment, but also enjoy something as simple as
> the sb radio.
>
> So, tell me, do the streaming services have "stations"? Do they have
> other ways of introducing you to new music (ala pandora)? Do you say to
> yourself "I feel like listening to ***" and go out and look at their
> available catalog?
>
> I guess I am asking you how you use it, and what you like about it to
> spend the monthly. Why is it better than, for example, the 4 radio
> paradise FLAC streams?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

I dont mind - it is a great question 😀

For me I switched from CDs to Tidal because:

1.I wanted to be able to access my music from all my devices (like my
iPhone) also when being far from home

2.I have ripped 100s of CDs to FLAC but I felt I was wasting my time
when I could get someone else to do it

3.The process of being introduced to a new album/artist on radio or by a
friend is instant. I dont have to go to a shop or wait on the mail.

4.With a large family with different music taste. It is much
easier/cheaper to build a very varied music collection with all from
kids music to boybands and classical

It is not only plusses though. There is something special about putting
on an album that has been payed for and actually hold the physical cover
in your hands.

I dont really use Tidal for music discovery. I dont feel its very good.
I mostly use local radiostation for that.