chicks wrote:
> I'd just replace it with an 'inexpensive Topping DAC'
> (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-e30-dac-review.12119/),
> which will blow it away.
A couple of acquaintances purchased D90s last year and were not
particularly impressed with the sound quality.  Neither lasted very long
before replacement.

Op amps necessitating copious amounts of corrective feedback can exhibit
very low THD but I learned as a teen that metric fails to correlate
meaningful information about sound quality.  I prefer using -inherently-
linear circuits that require little to no *correction*.

I'm perfectly satisfied with the current combination.  The new RPi will
serve as backup to the one in the garage.  :)