sheeple wrote:
> Another twist: I disabled SMB1 protocol AFTER I already had the network
> location mounted to a drive letter. Computer restarted and I checked:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > Get-SmbServerConfiguration | select
EnableSMB1Protocol,EnableSMB2Protocol

--------------------

> But the drive is still working. What I did not reverse is the registry
> change for insecure guest authentification. So it this might all be
> about the users accepted. I think something between pCP and Windows is
> odd here and could be changed.

I personally would try to figure out how to password protect the samba
share.  In setting mine up, as others here have said, I did not have to
make any system changes in Windows. I'm more than willing to share any
of my registry settings if it could help you figure out what the real
issue is, just let me know the registry keys of interest.

Anthony

Pi 4 - JustBoom Digi - Topping E30
Pi 4 - HiFiBerry Dac2 Pro
Pi 4 - Topping D10s