Redrum wrote:

> The discussion is around "mapping a drive" which is different from
> creating a network location, basically assigning a drive letter
> (right?). I did not know you could do for a network location (but would
> be beneficial for me). Do you have to have the network location
> established first?
>
> Jim

Hey Jim,
yes, the network location must first be established before you can
assign the share a drive letter. I had done this before, with my first
approaches. With SMB1 reenabled in Win10, the machine was able to
identify the \\SERVER\share path, with registry key changed it could
connect. Then, I was able to map a drive letter to it. But as noted
previous, even after this procedure the limited storage capacity had
occured. I must have switched a lever somewhere some time throughout
this torture. For now I am hesitant to adjust the gears, because I have
what I wanted, albeit with a somewhat insecure arrangement. In April I
will change something in the Pi, will upgrade the temporary transport,
and then I might dare to mess things up again.

Regards