Sportswagoneer wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> Not a big deal - but I’ve noticed that after an intermittent pause in
> the music (>60min), the AVR will automatically enter power-save standby
> while the LMS player (touch) will remain turned on. The player will then
> happily commence “playing” without turning on the AVR.
>
> Since the plug-in is otherwise good at reading the AVR status - I would
> have expected it to turn the AVR back on in this scenario?

Auto standby is an 'Eco' power saving option on newer AVR's that my old
Denon doesn't have. It can be set to time intervals up to 60 mins or
disabled. When it is triggered, it simply powers off the AVR the same as
if you had turned it off manually. The plugin does no periodic polling
of the AVR to check its status and is unaware that it has been powered
off. It only reacts to LMS player commands and assumes that, once it has
powered the AVR on, it is in control. Look at it this way. If you had
intentionally turned the AVR off from the front panel, would you want
the LMS player, which could be in another room, to immediately turn it
back on because it is still playing? Probably not.

So the solution to your problem would be to disable the AVR's Auto
standby mode or, when the situation occurs, turn the LMS player off and
back on or, alternatively, use the client app's "Denon/Marantz AVR
settings" menu to power cycle the AVR without affecting the player at
all.

Sam