The only “external” Perl module that I bundle with RNP is for CBOR and
should not drag in treebuilder etc.
At plugin load time I check to see if Treebuilder is available and
include it if it is otherwise I put out the warning that appeared in the
logs.
I did this because when I first included using Treebuilder in the plugin
I found that it did not work for some LMS installations because it was
not present.
It is worth testing with RNP not installed but I would be surprised if
it makes a difference here.

Paul Webster
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, abc
australia and cbc/radio-canada
and, via the extra \"radio now playing\" plugin lots more - see
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?115201-announce-radio-now-playing-plugin