> This can't be right. What's the point of making that copy in the first
> place, if the original files are used?

Work around FreeNAS inability to follow symlinks. I was using them in earlier
versions of SlimNAS. But then the web server's configuration was changed to no
longer follow symlinks. As by default that file system is run from a ram disk,
the files are being copied there at startup.

> Another BTW: The config.xml sets up services_slimserver_stop.php to be
> run on system shutdown, but that file doesn't exist.

That's a good pointer. Will have to take a look at this...

--

Michael