redil;464389 Wrote:
> well done!! When you say: "can hear the difference", you are talking
> about statistically significant (probably at the 5% level) differences?
Yes I have made enough trials to get results for a 95% confidence level
(=pval <0,06)
redil;464389 Wrote:
> Let us know what your hardware details are and what music you were
> listening to.
I have no special "audiophile" installation:
- Denon PMA-715R Ampifier (stable A; with source direct)
(20 years old?)
- Allure 3 boxes (Little dutch factory who does not exists anymore)
- No special audio-cables (normal electricity cable)
- Squeezebox 3 classic
- Synology NAS DS 107+

I listen normaly to Rock music but the testing of the HDfiles I have
made with an free HDdownload of Bheki - Alyn Cosker: Studio Master 24bit
96KHz FLAC -file. Style: "funky Jazz"
You can find the file here:
http://soundcloud.com/linnrecords/sets/24bit-comparison-alyn-cosker
(Down arrow on the right side will download)
PS This is not a copyright violation because it is uploaded by Linn
recors itself.
I have converted this file meself to FLAC 24 48KHz with sox-14.3.0
(sox.sourceforge.net), because my NAS was to weak to do the converting
on the fly (buffering problems).
I have converted CD Quality 16bit 44.1KHz FLAC file with MediaMonkey to
the lower bitrates.
Happy testing :)

--
wowo