I think the plugin changes the stream to 24-bit, don't know if the
frequency changes too.

Update for me -

My normal speakers are expensive Zu Definition 2s, wideband drivers
supplemented at the very top and bottom with supertweeters and
subwoofers.  But most of the music is without crossovers, characterized
by a huge, dynamic colorful presentation.

The speakers that got me oriented toward the Definitions are still in
the house - homebuilt single-driver, bass-reflex boxes per the "Big Fun
Box" recipe on the TNT Audio website.  The drivers are old hemp 8"ers
from Omega.

These normally live in my garage.  In the right (small) room, with
sufficient room reinforcement they sound great, miniatures of my big
'uns. The wideband signature is there in spades but they do not have
nearly the refinement.  And, a peaky presence band reveals they're not
cut from the same, refined cloth.

I've had these speakers in my big system for a bit and really, really
wanted to set them up with Inguz, which apparently doesn't work with
.cue files.  I kept my 'backup' set with .cue and .wav files but for
'play' I sliced up to individual files with Foobar, updated to the SBS
7.5 daily, and spent about an hour doing measurements with Room EQ
Wizard and some pink noise played back through the SB (as opposed to
REW).

Net result?  Holy friggin' cow!  I'm not one for hyperbole but these
$200 speakers are utterly phenomenal once the frequency response is
smoothed out.  My neighbor knows my main system better than anyone but
me, I have him over once a month or so for long, late listening
sessions.  He came over Friday afternoon for a couple hours and he was
blown away.  The similarities with the big rig are undeniable.

Of course, I couldn't EQ below their natural dropoff at 50 hz and they
don't have the same supertweeter sparkle as their 55x more-expensive
bretheren but I dialed in a slightly boosted 50 - 200 hz range (better
than flat to most ears)and bass is most satisfying with most music now
where it was nearly absent before.

It is beyond sad to me that this software appears to be on the road to
deprecation and I'll soon have to start choosing between staying current
with my software and keeping the Inguz plugin which I'll reiterate is
THE MOST important plugin of all to this audiophile.  It makes your
system sound better.  What other plugin (or source for that matter) can
do that?

Anyhoo, wanted to report in and bump the topic up again.  Crusaders
unite!  :)

--
miklorsmith