Jayhawk;554594 Wrote:
> I do not need the source 6/8 command.  The commands I have learned to
> IRBlaster (the file I last attached) are all working from the SBC.  Are
> you saying that the process of learning the commands from the remote to
> IRBlaster may also not work from the SBC for some commands (like 6/8)?
> Or is it just the other (downloaded) format lirc files that won't work?
The 'raw_codes' (learned) LIRC files are immune to the Controller's
problem as they are handled by SqueezeIR in a completely different way
although they are generally not as reliable as 'codes' (normal) lirc
files as errors can creep into the learning process.

Most downloaded lirc files will work with SqueezeIR, yours is an
exception but it can be worked around by splitting the 32 bit commands
into a 16 bit command and a 16 bit header.  If you look at the original
lirc file, you'll notice that the first half of each command is the same
for every command so we could split that part off into a header
parameter that is applied to all commands (LIRC calls it pre_data).
SqueezeIR then has to process two 16bit numbers rather than one 32bit
number which gets round the issue.  The 'source_6/8ch' command has a
different header which is why this technique wouldn't work for that
command but it could be given a remote of its own.  Attached is the
modified lirc file so you can see what I mean.  It should work with
SqueezeIR (and any other program that uses lirc files).

|Filename: harman_kardon_AVR240_cleaned.lirc.txt                    |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10094|

indifference_engine