pippin;608674 Wrote:
> What does "unstable" mean? Crashes?
>
> I'm not aware of any particular 7.5.3 issues and I'm getting almost no
> crash reports for the current iPeng release.
>
> There is one issue whenever a player disconnects and immediately
> reconnects to the server. Do you have issues with players repeatedly
> disconnecting?
>
> Do you use a jailbreak? There has been an issue with some Music
> Controls app from Cydia.
>
> If it's the player disconnect issue then there will be a fix in the
> next release. The iPeng for iPhone release is reviewed and released by
> Apple but I have to also wait for the iPad App to be ready (which for
> some reason isn't in review yet even though I submitted it only a few
> hours later) to put it on sale.
> I need to release both Apps at the same time since there is some
> kickback in there for owners of both Apps (they get playback for free)
> for which you need current releases of both.
>
> But anyway: IF this is the player disconnect issue you should somehow
> try to fix that because it will also cause playback interruptions.

I would say crashes. But somehow they seem to be related to SBS 7.5.3.
I've installed SSODS 7.6 yesterday and no crashed occurred until now.
With 7.5.1 and 7.5.3, both synology packages, I wasn't satisfied with
iPeng's response time. It took quite some time until the player have
been recognized and also the display of artwork was slow. With 7.6
everything is working much faster. Any findings that iPeng's response
time is depending on the SBS release?

--
doubleugk

Synology DS410j • CPU 800 MHz • Bus: 16bit@DDR800 • Mem: 128 MB • 4
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB • FW DSM 3.0-1354 • Plattform
armv5tel-linux • Perl 5.8.6 - armv5tel-linux-thread-multi •
MySQL-Version: 5.1.49 | Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 - r31792 | 2 SB Radio,
FW 7.5.3-r9283 | 2 SB Receiver FW 67 • S/PDIF -> Proceed CDP |
SqueezePlay beta 7.5.1 | iPod touch 3G OS 4.2.1 with iPeng app v1.2.10
to control everything :-)