Thanks for all this bpa..
Just tried setting vorbosity to 3 (I tried -1, 0, 1, 2, 5 and 10
before)
It seems you have to have the debug logging window open in the gui at
the same time or no data get written to the log file.
Now getting plenty of data in log file from a short run using the mp3
stream from my earlier post. There are a lot of error messages and this
stream seems to work fine ?-). In fact it is too big to post @1.3M from
about 10 seconds runtime.
Anyway it works now :-)

It sounds from your desription as if VLC is missing the first few
packets as it throws a series of PID errors then settles down and
streams nicely (using mp3).
I updated the hauppage card driver not long ago through dell suport as
the hauppage driver didn't work.
Will look to see if an update is available but I doubt it.
Signal seems fine once it starts streaming and listening localy.
I have 8GB RAM so hope it isn't memory. Looking at Process explorer all
looks ok.
I'll look at beta vlc versions to see if anything relevant has been
fixed.

Now.. any idea why I can't get a wav stream to work through the gui as
in my last post?? I don't see whay the mp23 one works but the wav one
doesn't??

--
cliver