AVman;649375 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does iPeng still require the .zip contents to still be sent to the
> squeeze box server to run as a plugin or does it now work as stand
> alone?

Hm, are you trying to install the plugin in 7.6?
Generally, that is a bit of an outdated question :)

Actually I deprecated the plugin for Squeezebox Server 7.6 since some
things would need updating and don't work anymore. Before that, you
could install the plugin through the "Plugins" section in the web
interface (Settings->Plugins->3rd Party Plugins", it used to be in the
list of recommended plugins then.

But actually there's now a native (App Store) App of iPeng for almost
three years now. Ok, it's not free, though, but almost nobody still
used the web app.

Actually if you wanted to use iPeng with 7.6 you would indeed have to
install it manually using the zip-file.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com