The server log has the following:

[12-03-28 13:38:26.3757]
Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_players_error (317) Unable
to get players from SN: Invalid JSON response:
{"players":[],"error":"Session cookie
required","strings":[{"token":"INTERNET_RADIO","strings":{"FI":"Nettiradio","DE":"Internetradio","NL":"Internetradio","SV":"Webbradio","PL":"Radio
internetowe","IT":"Radio Internet","CS":"Internetové
rádio","RU":"Радиостанции
Интернета","NO":"Internett-radio","ES":"Radio
por Internet","FR":"Radio Internet","DA":"Internetradio","EN":"Internet
Radio"}}],"search_providers":[{"after":"top","URL":"http://opml.radiotime.com/Search.aspx?query={QUERY}&partnerId=16","text":"INTERNET_RADIO"}],"next_poll":300},
retrying in 952200 seconds

What I've done so far:

Added manual DNS of the router address
Restarted the vortexbox, tested, failed so
restarted the squeezebox service via Extras and server power control.
again failed.

Added ISP's DNS
Restarted the vortexbox, tested, failed so
restarted the squeezebox service via Extras and server power control.
again failed.

Left the DNS blank
Restarted the vortexbox, tested, failed so
restarted the squeezebox service via Extras and server power control.
again failed.

I've also powered everything down and off for a few minutes.

Internet radio works (I'm listening to the bbciplayer now) but its not
linking into my apps on mysqueezebox.

I've added the username and password a few times now, I've also added
an incorrect username and password in the hope this might clear
something.

--
chn68b

Source: Squeezebox 3, Thorens TD160 Super Turntable, SME 3009 arm with a
Linn K9 cart.
Amp/Speakers: Meridian M30, Thorens Restek Pre-amp
Phones: Grado SR-60s
Headphone Amp: Pro-ject Headbox II
HP Proliant Microserver running Vortexbox & Squeezebox Server

http://www.last.fm/user/chn68b