It worked with the 268 albums in my Blues genre.

I guess the pivot viewer is some kind of touch screen interface and it
takes some time to get used to it. One thing I noticed was that the
thumbnails were very small when all 268 albums were shown. Zooming with
the mouse scroll wheel helped, but when I selected an album by clicking
on it and then deselected it by clicking on it again muso reverted to
the initial view with all 268 albums, not the zoom state I came from. It
is cool that the zooming goes on forever (using the mouse scroll wheel,
not the thumbnail slider).

Choosing the Freshness sort option repeated times shuffled some of the
albums (they switched places). It looked kind of cool, but I wonder if
that was intended.

Oh, and I thought the "Labels" option would show the albums by record
label but that is obviously not the case.

Is there any now playing screen in pivot view? I could not find any. For
me to consider an interface such as this for everyday use a now playing
screen is a must, and information on contributing and supporting artists
on a per track basis.

You must have put a lot of work into this!