danco wrote:
> I'm sure you know what's happening on your own machine.
>
> But I see that the Roaringapps compatibility table lists Caffeine as
> compatible with Mountain Lion. If it's not, maybe you should report it
> there.
>
> I've just installed ML on an external drive, not my main one, so I'll
> check some time what result I get.

Hmmm. I had hoped I knew what was happening on my own machine. But
prompted by your post I have just tried it again to find it did prevent
sleep beyond my set idle timer.

It seems that I am not the only one to report it failing to prevent
sleep though - see the replies to this post:
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20120801003744629.

I have emailed the developers but have not had a reply. I will hold off
for things to clarify before contacting Roaringapps.

Note though that caffeine is not useful for LMS use as it also stops the
screen from blanking (when it works!)