@dave & epoch1970 Yes, but it looks like a hell of a complex feature.
But nice, I agree...
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/ :)

@john

Whatever VPN you use will work with iPeng as long as you get the VPN to
work. What I use is the one my router supports which was the easiest
thing to do for me.
Usually, it will just continue to work in this case because the IP
address of the server will stay valid in the VPN so iPeng can just
reconnect.
If, for some reason, iPeng _loses_ the connection you might have to
manually configure the server's IP address (depends on your router)
because some router-based VPNs don't support UDP broadcasts so the
automatic server discovery won't work.
You can do this in Settings->iPeng Settings.

You don't need to switch to static IPs, but the 192.168.... are the
internal addresses and once your iPhone is connected over VPN it will
appear to be in that address range, too, since all communication would
be routed through your network.

You don't need a static IP address for your network, VPNs on iOS work
fine with dyndns addresses, routers that support VPN should also support
dyndns. You then configure that DNS address in iOS and it asks for the
credentials to connect. Once that's successful you will have an
additional "VPN" switch in your iPhone's general settings, when you tap
that it will ask for a passwordf and you're done.