pippin wrote:
> Wie. Sounds like the UDAP Code still works in Squeezebox mode :)
> In the end, from a player perspective, the UE Radio and the Squeezebox
> really are still almost identical, they just use a different
> communication port.
> What has changed is the UI logic and the way the online server and the
> local server interact.

Interesting.  Hopefully I can keep it working like that ... maybe I can
trick it by turning off the WAN and then rebooting everything.

On a side note, I continue to have difficulty streaming my local library
to my iPeng players ... the problem seems to be a generic problem where
the "client" (iPeng) - in its role as both "Player" and as a
"Controller" of the other Squeezeboxes - loses its "connection to the
server".

When this happens, iPeng is no longer able to control the other players
on the network and/or stops playing the stream in its player.

For a while, it would skip to the next track ... these days it just
stops playing altogether.

I can shutdown the app and reconnect and it works again ... and
sometimes I have to do it again and again.

The most common use case, however, for using the iPeng player at home is
at night ... I set the sleep timer for 30 minutes and I rarely get
through the first song before it stops ... and then I launch MOG and
start over with MOG ... I like Squeeze because I can have playlists that
mix MOG tracks with local tracks not available anywhere else ...

I can stream over the 4G networks to iPeng perfectly ... I can stream
internally to my Squeezebox 3's with no problem ... but I can't stream
locally to iPeng reliably - in fact, I can't keep iPeng connected
internally even as a controller.

I've reported this a few times and we never seem to be able to figure it
out ...

Any suggestions for one more round of troubleshooting?