swayzak wrote:
> Thanks
>
> I can't see an option in my Spotify account to turn on scrobbling - I
> think it may be in the desktop / device Spotify app.
>
> But as u say scrobbling from squeezebox player works anyway if enabled
> via LMS.
>
> The radio stations go some way to LastFM functionality, but no way near
> as sophisticated.
>
> One problem I have noticed is that it doesn't like 2 devices accessing
> Spotify simultaneously. If I start a 2nd radio station on another
> device, it plays for about 10s then stops (the first device continues to
> play OK).
>
> Actually something else weird has happened - the radio stations no
> longer work ! The list is there, but when I click on a station nothing
> happens - no option to play it..

yes, I think spotify itself scrobbling is in the desktop app, but as you
note, doesn't matter.  I think also true that with triode's spotify,
only can play on one device (although can synch one stream to multiple
devices just fine). The SB triode spotify app doesn't have all the bells
and whistles because of the API limitation that triode has access to.
But for using spotify to discover new music, simply install the SMARTMIX
plugin, tell it to use SPOTIFY as a music source. Lots of ways to use
this (with custom mixes, etc.), but very easy to install it, then go to
settings and tick "spotify" as a source, then when playing a song, one
of your new popup menu items (access different depending on your
interface)** you'll have menu items "create SONG mix" or "create ARTIST
mix" and a playlist will be created based on this.

**if webGUI, I think it is the M or more button. On the touch, just
press and hold on the song title, etc.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Streaming - Spotify