Can anyone please help me solve this connection problem (caused by
Firewall? Network?)

As explained above it appears that the players can't connect to the
Helper app, but having tried I can (I'm a bit out of my depth when it
comes to network configs and Ubuntu) I could do with some step by step
advice about what to do next.

My router is a Linksys E4200, the Squeezbox server is Version: 7.5.1
running on Ubuntu 10.04 (I'm wary of upgrading either of these as the
set-up works just fine for me)

In the router I've tried Single Port Forwarding, Port Range Forwarding,
Port Range Triggering and DMZ (see screencaptures below) without really
knowing what any of those do.  [192.168.0.102 is the IP address of the
box running the server and 9005 is the port used by the Heklper App as
defined on the plug-in page in the server settings)
16224

I've also tried completely disabling the firewall on the router
(something I'm wary of doing!):
16225

Still not working.

On the Ubuntu box (i'm a linux newbie so blindly followed lots of
googled advice) I've set the path
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/
to allow read/write access from anyone (not recommended, I know but I'm
trying anything I can). This includes recursively changing all files in
that folder (including spotifyd.exe) I've also checked that this version
of Ubuntu does not run a firewall.

I'm out of ideas! Could anyone please provide me with some instructions
as to how to debug this?

Many thanks.

:confused: jerome

|Filename: 2014-08-07_1412.jpg                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16225|

http://baroquedub.co.uk/