flysurfer wrote:
> Hi mkkyah,
>
> thanks for your investigation on this problem! Have you tried installing
> faad

Yes, I did try apt-get install faad; but it didn't help. I don't know
the details, but as far as I understand a patched version of faad comes
with LMS, regular one is not used. Maybe you should have a script that
patches or integrates faad after LMS installation on max2play; it's
beyond my knowledge.
I think it's a major issue for max2play, LMS must serve every player not
only squeezelite.
You can add lame to the next image, apt-get install lame worked easily
but it's an additional step for your target user.
I use xbmc, but stopped LMS for faad issue, I hope a fixed new version
of this almost perfect, easy to install and easy to manage package comes
soon.

> Charset of LMS: yes, the startup scripts defines the charset to UTF-8,
> you may change the variable charset to your prefered ISO-Code and test
> it again at >
Code:
  >   > /etc/init.d/logitechmediaserver

Thanks, your instructions on first post and default LMS utf8 charset
worked. I've refreshed and checked log file of smartmix again, there are
no character problems anymore.