mps wrote:
> When I use Hechtus' GoogleMusic plugin to play a GoogleMusic library
> shuffled, it works fine on the LMS web interface (I set shuffle to on,
> and choose "play" for the library's songs). However, when I do the same
> thing on iPeng, it only plays the (shuffled) first 500 songs of the
> library. Not that I don't like the Arctic Monkeys, but there's more to
> music than that :)

Hm, I don't use that plugin, at least in the past it didn't work on OSX
and I never bothered to install it on any of my ubuntu test servers. Is
this now reasonably simple?
I'll probably give it a try but I'm not sure I have 500 tracks in my
Google Music library.

First and most important question: how does Logitech's App and a
Squeezebox Touch or Radio behave if you do the same thing.
Second question: what EXACTLY do you do in both interfaces? Please
describe every single touch or click from the main menu level on. A
screen shot of the iPeng view in which you "play" would also be
helpful.

But what you describe sounds like you might not do the same thing in
iPeng as in the web interface. How exactly do you "choose play" in both
interfaces? In iPeng, tapping the first track obviously will start the
playlist from there.
The 500 track limit is a (configurable) server restriction as you
probably know, I assume through the web interface the plugin also only
plays 500 tracks but different ones?

So in iPeng you should have to either play the header (if there is one)
to issue an action on the whole library or use the library's context
menu.
If that still fails the most likely explanation is a problem with the
plugin implementation for the SqueezePlay menu iPeng uses vs. whatever
the plugin uses for the web interface (that might be different code).
There are a few cases where iPeng turns shuffle off before playing
something but that's really usually only if you want to start playback
from a certain track and the plugin's menu doesn't support that straight
away. I would have to look at the code the plugin sends for the menu to
see that.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*