PasTim wrote:
> I don't get truncation with this SQL.  I don't see why you should.
>
> What this SQL does is select 10 Works and lists them in a table.  It
> then plays all the tracks in each Work, however many there are.  When
> near the end of the playlist it selects another 10 Works (not tracks).
> That's why there are two separate steps.  If done in one SQL statement
> you will get truncation.
>
> It may be that I have misunderstood your problem, but with this SQL (and
> variations on it) I have sat for many hours playing tens of random
> 'works' (some of which have 50 or more tracks) with no problem.  It's
> one of the tools I use the most.
Thanks for the response, PasTim. Maybe I am missing something obvious. I
use the following SQL, which works fine from "Test/Save & Play" in the
SQL playlist menu.

Code:
--------------------
    -- PlaylistName:Random Played Works
  -- PlaylistGroups:
  DROP TABLE IF EXISTS albumworks;

  CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS albumworks
  AS SELECT tracks.album AS album, customscan_track_attributes.value as work,
Ifnull(track_statistics.playcount, 0) as playcount
  FROM tracks
  JOIN multilibrary_track
  LEFT JOIN track_statistics
  JOIN customscan_track_attributes
  ON tracks.id = customscan_track_attributes.track
  AND tracks.url = track_statistics.url
  AND customscan_track_attributes.module = 'customtag'
  AND customscan_track_attributes.attr = 'WORK'
  AND tracks.id=multilibrary_track.track
  AND multilibrary_track.library=2
  GROUP BY tracks.album, customscan_track_attributes.value
  ORDER BY random();

  SELECT tracks.url FROM
  (SELECT rowid AS albumworks_id, album as albumworks_album, work, playcount
from albumworks WHERE playcount > 0 limit 10)
  JOIN tracks
  JOIN customscan_track_attributes
  ON tracks.id = customscan_track_attributes.track
  AND customscan_track_attributes.module = 'customtag'
  AND customscan_track_attributes.attr = 'WORK'
  AND customscan_track_attributes.value = work
  AND tracks.album = albumworks_album
  ORDER BY albumworks_id, tracks.tracknum;

However, when I run it as a dynamic playlist (easily accessed from
iPeng, etc.), it only plays the first 10 tracks and then gets one track
at a time, disregarding any work in progress.
16691
Does that make sense? What should I do differently?

|Filename: works1.png                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16691|