mps wrote:
> I have created a Dynamic Playlist (using SQL Playlists) that returns all
> of the tracks in a work so I can play an entire symphony, etc.. This
> works fine for the first few works but then I run into a truncation
> problem. Suppose I have a 4 movement symphony that is returned as track
> 9 of the dynamic playlist. Since the dynamic playlist seems to only
> remember the first 10 tracks returned by the SQL playlist, it plays the
> first two movements correctly, but then requeries for subsequent songs,
> missing the last two movements of the symphony.
>
> I'm sorry if this is confusing, I forgot to grab a screenshot when it
> happened. Hopefully the explanation makes sense...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
DO you use custom scan, and do your 'works' include a 'work' tag?  If
so, something like the following should do the job (it does for me).

Code:
--------------------

  -- PlaylistName:Random Classical Works
  -- PlaylistGroups:Random
  -- PlaylistOption Unlimited:1
  create temporary table sqlplaylist_random_work as
  select customscan_track_attributes.extravalue as work, tracks.album as album
from customscan_track_attributes
        join tracks on
                customscan_track_attributes.track = tracks.id
        left join dynamicplaylist_history on
                tracks.id=dynamicplaylist_history.id and
dynamicplaylist_history.client='PlaylistPlayer'
        where
                customscan_track_attributes.module='mixedtag' and
                customscan_track_attributes.attr='WORK' and
                dynamicplaylist_history.id is null and
                audio=1
  group by customscan_track_attributes.extravalue, tracks.album
                order by random()
                limit 10;

  select tracks.url from tracks
        join customscan_track_attributes on tracks.id =
customscan_track_attributes.track
        join sqlplaylist_random_work on tracks.album =
sqlplaylist_random_work.album
        where sqlplaylist_random_work.work =
customscan_track_attributes.extravalue and
            customscan_track_attributes.module='mixedtag' and
            customscan_track_attributes.attr='WORK' and
            audio=1
  group by tracks.id
        order by tracks.album,tracks.disc,tracks.tracknum;
  drop  table sqlplaylist_random_work;

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Alternatively squeezelite to a bit of home-cooked code and thence to M1
CLiC using a UPNP stream. Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via
Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on
Vortexbox & other PCs as required.  Spare Touch in loft.