mps wrote:
> Hi PasTim,
> That's essentially what I did, but how do you deal with the problem of
> dynamic playlists truncating the list?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
I don't get truncation with this SQL.  I don't see why you should.

What this SQL does is select 10 Works and lists them in a table.  It
then plays all the tracks in each Work, however many there are.  When
near the end of the playlist it selects another 10 Works (not tracks).
That's why there are two separate steps.  If done in one SQL statement
you will get truncation.

It may be that I have misunderstood your problem, but with this SQL (and
variations on it) I have sat for many hours playing tens of random
'works' (some of which have 50 or more tracks) with no problem.  It's
one of the tools I use the most.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi running Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. Wired Touch + EDO, coax to Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC.
Alternatively squeezelite to a bit of home-cooked code and thence to M1
CLiC using a UPNP stream. Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls LMS via
Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB DAC to listen via Squeezelite on
Vortexbox & other PCs as required.  Spare Touch in loft.