bpa wrote:
> This is well known and has been agreed.
>
> I am not in the UK and patches are necessary to test if they works for
> UK Listeners as well.
>
> Updating a plugin is not just a simple job of merge patches - it implies
> a willingness to be responsible for the plugin and this not for a few
> days or weeks but years.  This means lots of time and effort not only to
> develop and test (across multiple platforms) but also answer queries
> which is a huge consumer of time and free time is finite. It is only now
> that Triode is absent do some users truly appreciate how much time and
> effort he put in make the BBCiPlayer plugin always work and make it look
> effortless.
Your work really is much appreciated by many, many, people.

One of the many difficulties plugin developers face is the sheer variety
of platforms, with different version, foibles and so on.  It is frankly
astonishing that LMS and its dozens of plugins works as well as it does
for so many.  In the case of the BBCiPlayer the additional problems
created by ffmpeg versions for live listening  are yet another
headache.

And now the latest Listen Again fix for images works a treat for me -
thanks very much.

bpa (or anyone else) - if you ever need an alpha tester in the UK send
me a pm and I'll have a go.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay (control
point) to same renderers & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, and a spare, but don't use.