m4rky wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to get Squeezeplug/Max2Play to work on my r-pi with a
> USB DAC (Behringer U202).
> I don't see my DAC in the list of output settings on the Advanced
> Options under AudioPlayer/Squeezelite.
> I can get audio through the standard audio jack so I know the software
> is working.
>
> It used to work fine when I used the old squeezeplug software (without
> the max2play bits).
>
> lsusb shows my DAC, its called "Texas Instruments Japan PCM2902 Audio
> Codec":

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > root@max2play:~# lsusb
  > Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
  > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
  > Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
  > Bus 001 Device 004: ID 08bb:2902 Texas Instruments Japan PCM2902 Audio Codec
  > Bus 001 Device 005: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un
802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]
--------------------

> But squeezelite -l doesn't show it:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > #### SQUEEZELITE -l ####
  > Output devices:
  > null                           - Discard all samples (playback) or generate
zero samples (capture)
  > plugequalUSB                   - Equalizer for USB
  > dmixerUSB                      - DMixer for USB
  > plugequal                      - Equalizer for plughw:0,0
  > default:CARD=ALSA              - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio
Device
  > sysdefault:CARD=ALSA           - bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA - Default Audio
Device
--------------------

> Thanks

I presume that you have rebooted the rpi after connecting the DAC?

In no particular order try (props to Krisbee)

> Two points - (a) commands do not need to be prefixed by "sudo" , (b) the
> following single command will append the appropriate line of text to the
> "/boot/config.txt" file:

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> Then reboot your RPI either via the Max2Play web interface, or via the
> command line:

Code:
  >   > reboot

Or if you don't want to do that, use a powered USB hub.

Or buy the licence for the rpi and enable the USB drop down in the
raspberry settings.

atb

Ronnie.