philippe_44 wrote:
> Done and pushed to the repository
Thanks for the corrections.

> Thank you for the modification, I'm integrating them in the profile.xml
> file. A few questions
> I think you can safely add aif to codecs b/c when pcm is supported LMS
> files can be aiff or wav, this is the same for sq2u as far as receiving
> from LMS is concerned. Sending aif or wav files to UPnP players is a
> different story.
What would be the benefit of using wav or aif?  According to what you
said a few posts back my M1 CLiC doesn't appear to support wav (seems
odd, but no matter).

I seem to recall that using pcm on my Marantz had problems at 24/192,
which the device doesn't support.  I think the capability information
wasn't explicit, so I went with flac instead.  If I get time I'll try to
do more tests sometime.

> On a different note, I think I could make ReplayGain work by tweaking
> volume of the UPnP player. This is not a feature I'm using and there are
> some difficulties as the Volume scale of the player is 0 to 100 but
> transfer function is a bit unknown (a few players have a SetVolumeDB
> function, but most don't). I'm afraid this would create more problems
> and angry users than happy ones, but I don't know ...
I have never used this, and I have no wish to do so.  It would make a
terrible mess of classical music, which is what I listen to most of the
time.

However, others may want it....

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.